Join us at the Avoca Cup
Join us on October 17 at the 2015 Jools For Jim Fashions on the Field at this year’s Pyrenees Winemaker’s Avoca Cup.
The Avoca Shire Turf Club always excels with a fantastic grass roots racing day out, and this year, in addition to their stunning Fashion Enclosure area, there is $5000 in prizes to be won in the fashion stakes.
A new and exciting option in 2015 – The Fashion Enclosure is going to be THE place to see and be seen, with the Fashion catwalk, a make up marquee, private Sparkling bar, Prickly Moses Craft Beer bar, Fashion VIP guests and more. Its the perfect location for those who want to indulge in the best of fashion and socialising. $55 per person, or $35 for members.
- Racecourse Admission
- Access to private Umbrella and cafe seating area
- Glass of Sparkling on arrival
- Make up marquee within the enclosure
- DJ Tunes
- Premium access to viewing of the catwalk
- Styling tips from our Fashions MC
- Private bar set within the enclosure
Prizes will be awarded for:
- JOOLS FOR JIM Lady of the Day ($1000 JFJ vouchers)
- JOOLS FOR JIM Lady of the Day Runner Up ($500 JFJ vouchers)
- SUMMERFIELD WINERY Most Creative Outfit (3 nights accommodation for 4 guest + more)
- ECO LUXE @ MOUNT AVOCA Gent of the Day ($1000 prize)
- HEDON FARM Couple of the Day (Luxury accommodation prize)
- IVYJAYNE & CO Best Millinery ($300 Ivy Jayne voucher + $200 JFJ voucher)
Bonus photo prize!
Snap yourself (or with friends!) in front of the Jools For Jim logo wall, and tag us with @joolsforjim and #JFJAvocaRaces and you’re in the running to win a $250 JFJ voucher. Happy snapping!
Learn more about the Pyrenees Winemakers Avoca Cup…
The Pyrenees Winemakers Avoca Cup is one of the biggest country race meetings on the calendar that sees fun-seekers flock in their thousands through the gates.
Taking out Country Racing Victoria’s Event of the Year in Season 12/13, the Avoca Cup is on many a bucket list. Held on the same day as the Caulfield Cup and with camping at the racecourse a popular option, more and more race goers are choosing the Avoca Cup as their social event of the Spring Racing Carnival.
Avoca is all about grass roots racing – The Avoca Cup impacts significantly on the social and economic standing of the local community with the population swelling to over six thousand in one day, so everyone pitches in to put on this wonderful event.
Fashionistas register in droves as each year the Fashions On The Field competition gets better and better. Located under the shade of the gums, the Fashions Enclosure is now the spot to mingle for the day.
Plus once the horses have cleared the track, join the others and pitch a tent so you can spend the night under the Pyrenees stars and wake up ready to explore the endless delights of the region the following day.
Things to do:
- Calcutta at the Club on the eve of the Pyrenees Winemakers Avoca Cup
- Country thoroughbred racing with a picnic atmosphere
- A delicious range of Pyrenees wines
- Food Stalls & Kids Activities
- Fashions on the Field
- P.W. Billy & Trevor Moore on the home turn
- Untapped Duo on the infield plus much more
- Jools For Jim, Audi Bendigo and Sandhurst Plast...
- The beautiful Rachel Finch reflects on her year...
- Ok.. let’s be honest. Most of us arenR...
- If you’re considering hair extensions, yo...
- Choosing a beautiful gift for your mum is so ea...