SPRAY TANNING GUIDE
Before Your Spray Tan – Skin Preparation Guide
- Undertake all hair removal such as shaving or waxing, preferably the day before your spray tan appointment. This is not essential but will achieve better results
- Exfoliate prior to remove dry, dull or aged skin cells. If you have any stubborn fake tan residue remaining following exfoliation, we have a Tan Removal Mit available for purchase
- On the day of your spray tan appointment do not apply moisturiser, deodorant, perfume or any other lotions to your skin after showering as it will create a film that will prevent the tan from developing
Bring with you to your spray tan appointment:
- Dark coloured underwear to wear during your appointment
- Loose dark clothing to wear afterwards
- Thongs to wear home
After Your Spray Tan – Skin Maintenance Guide
Following an “8 Hour” spray on tan
- This type of tan requires eight hours to develop. It will not over develop if left on the skin longer
- During the development time avoid showering, swimming or doing any physical activity that may cause perspiration
- Do not apply any products (moisturiser, deodorant, perfume etc.) to your skin
- Some people choose to wear cotton gloves to bed ensure no marks appear on their palms the next morning
- After eight hours you may shower
- After showering pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rubbing so as not to prematurely fade your tan
- Lastly, moisturise every day following your after-tan shower
Following a “Rapid” spray on tan
- This tan only needs to be left on the skin for 90 minutes before showering. It will not over develop if left on the skin longer
- After ninety minutes or up to three hours, you may shower. This first shower must be QUICK – a quick rinse with water only for no more than 30 seconds.
- Do not use products (including soap) during this first rinse.
- The tan will be only partially developed at this stage however will continue to develop further over the next 6 hours.
- Do not apply any products to your skin such as moisturiser, oil, perfume or gel as this will prevent further development.
- Once this further development has taken place, you may shower as normal.
- After showering pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rubbing so as not to prematurely fade your tan.
- Moisturise every day following your second shower.
- Jools For Jim, Audi Bendigo and Sandhurst Plast...
- The beautiful Rachel Finch reflects on her year...
- Ok.. let’s be honest. Most of us arenR...
- If you’re considering hair extensions, yo...
- Choosing a beautiful gift for your mum is so ea...